Wednesday 16 March 2011

THE RUSKINS: Interview

The Ruskins: I live not far from these guys and I used to live even nearer, so I am surprised I havent come across them before. My brief research (i.e. nicking stuff off their Facebook and Youtube channel has revealed the following:

"Eamon, Dave and Ricky, otherwise known as The Ruskins, have gone from strength to strength since appearing on the scene in 2008. From jamming at home on Isleworth's Worton Estate in West London to whipping the crowd into a stage-invasion frenzy at London's legendary Islington Academy."

In fact it seems that their live appearances can often be raucous and thoroughly enjoyable affairs, and I would love to get to a gig of theirs as soon as I can (if you read this, guys, please leave a comment below, and get me on a guest list).

I can personally vouch for the fact that their single/video "Old Isleworth" (below) paints a pretty accurate picture of their local town. It's a cracking tune, a bit reminiscent of The Arctic Monkeys perhaps, and the video apparently features Effy from "Skins" (Kaya Scodelario) and "Shameless" star Elliott Tittensor. They have had radio plays including a spin by Steve Lamacq on Radio 1. Watch out for them.

Also below, Eamon demonstrates a pretty good turn as an acoustic solo artist up on that famous Camden Town balcony.



No comments:

Post a Comment